Wednesday, May 20, 2020

[Botany • 2020] Impatiens tirbinensis & I. shiyomiensis • Two New Balsams (Balsaminaceae) from Eastern Himalayas, India


Impatiens shiyomiensis I. tirbinensis  Hareesh & M.Sabu

in Hareesh & Sabu, 2020. 

Abstract
Two new balsams (Impatiens), Impatiens tirbinensis and I. shiyomiensis are described from Arunachal Pradesh, India. Species shows affinities towards I. drepanophora and I. rugosipetala but distinct in many attributes. Detailed descriptions, distribution, ecology and colour photographs of the new species are provided along with the comparison of I. drepanophora.

Keywords: Arunachal Pradesh, Impatiens, I. drepanophora, Jewel weeds, new species, north-east India, Eudicots



Impatiens tirbinensis Hareesh & M.Sabu 



Impatiens shiyomiensis Hareesh & M.Sabu


Hareesh V. S. and Sabu Mamiyil. 2020. Two New Balsams (Balsaminaceae) from Eastern Himalayas, India. Phytotaxa. 437(5); 291–300. DOI: 10.11646/phytotaxa.437.5.3